Thursday, January 6, 2011

Slice of Heaven in 2011

I've always been intrigued by blogging. I find it fascinating that people use an online portal as a diary of sorts. I had a taste of blogging by posting a couple brief "notes" on Facebook but it was a small taste. Like ordering a banana split at Dairy Queen and only allowing your taste buds the satisfaction of a bite of the strawberry side. It's simply not acceptable. I wanted more. So here I am, completing my New Year's resolution of starting a blog.

2011 is the year of gaining control of my life. While I've never really lost control, per se, I’ve been telling myself for years I’m going to earn my bachelors degree for example. And as I type this, I keep glancing at my Human Resource Management book contemplating doing some studying...or eating a banana split (that’s what I get for mentioning food!). Anyway, I’ve previously allowed other goals, like buying a house last year, to set me back. This year, I’m buckling down and am trying my damnedest to finish school by December! Yay! So now I'm doing things for me. Things that make me feel accomplished. Things that make me happy. And blogging seems to be a small slice of heaven.

Starting a blog is truly the first resolution I've actually stuck to in my 25 years, 2 months, and 20 days here on earth. Keep in mind that at 12:01am on January 1 that I did not promise myself I would actually keep up with this thing. Now if all of society was as smart as I and made half-ass resolutions, many more people would feel good about accomplishing their goals and the world would be a better place.

Disclaimer: Editor is not fat or as lazy as this blog makes her appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment